Mailing Lists/Variable Data
All mailing lists must have the following items in separate columns:
First Name, Last Name, Address, City, State, ZIP code, plus any additional merged data, should your job be variable.
We prefer files sent in a Microsoft Excel format.
Set Up the Mailing List Data
- Start your Microsoft Excel program.
- Call up an Excel spreadsheet. Open "File" and click "New."
- Make the first row of the sheet your data labels. For a mailing list, your labels should contain the First Name, Last Name, Address, City, State, ZIP code, plus any additional merged data, should your job be variable.
- Adjust the width of the columns to match the average width of the text that will go into it. This will usually be around 25 character spaces, although you will need less space for state and zip codes.
- Type your data into each subsequent row matching the column headings with the correct data. You now have a column of names, one of addresses and so on through all of the Excel headings.
By iNowWeb Design